Tuesday 9 June 2009

It's been awhile...

I know, it's been awhile.  It seems like nothing much has happened, but really...a lot did.  Jason and Rich got married (I was one of the...best women?) and it was a beautiful ceremony!  As hard as I tried I could not keep myself from crying like a baby.  I was just so happy, but I'd be happier if we didn't have to go to Canada to make sure my friends could have a legal marriage.  Don't get me wrong, I love Canada...a LOT!  I just hate that some human rights are not available to all the people of the United States solely because of one's sexual preference.

Aside from that, I've really been just doing some laundry and getting the house de-cluttered for the garage sale I'm having in July.  It's actually more fun than I thought it would be since I usually am a packrat, but my OCD has kicked in and I just want to get this sh*t gone!  I mean, it's actually very exciting for me to have a garage sale.  I see it as a challenge because my parents think that garage sales are a waste of time.  I on the other hand feel that it is a good experience to bond as a family, get rid of things we don't need, and to meet and interact with some new people!  Plus you can make a couple of bucks off of it.  Altogether sounds like a pretty good day to me (even if I'm busting my butt to get it ready).

Today I have been having a really difficult time being away from certain people and places.  I miss the simplicity of college life and the friends that I had in Oswego, and I'm missing the memories and people from last summer during my internship with Disney.  I can't stop thinking about all the stupid, crazy things that happened and how amazing of an adventure it was.  I even cried a bit when I watched a slideshow I made (and that I watch whenever I need some Disney in my life :P) and it was like I just wanted something that will never happen again.  The combination of people, scheduling and sometimes a little bit of rum (haha) made for some of the most amazing memories and friendships.  I miss those people who have really made an impact on my life, both at Oswego and at Disney.

I got to chat with a few friends today that I have not had the chance to talk with for awhile.  Erik called me this afternoon and we caught up and reminisced about "the office" days and how different things are.  But we are lucky, because our little group will all be back in Florida together for good someday, and that's something to look forward to.  Florida Scott (which he has been named by my family & other scott) called also which was amazing because we got the chance to chat, catch up, bitch and dish, which we haven't done in ages! :)  It really was a very eye-opening conversation and made me realize how much my friends know about me.  I also got to text for a bit with someone who was very important to me from Oswego who, like me, is trying to get back to the place they call home and miss dearly.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one in that boat, thanks Chewy!  :)

Aside from all that serious jabber, I spent last night making 48 cupcakes for Madagascar and Julia to take to school with them.  Today was Julia's 9th birthday (I know, I'm old) so she brought in birthday cupcakes, and Madagascar's birthday was over Memorial Day weekend so she didn't get the chance to bring any so I made some for her as well.  Next week is Josh's 12th birthday (dear God...) so I'll be making some more next weekl. :)  Tomorrow is the first rehearsal for the Summerplay.  I got the part of Stella, the bartender.  Perfect role for me, eh?  :)  I'm pretty excited about it, but I've been really out of it and tired lately so I'm hoping I'm not getting sick again.

Life is exciting, yet quite draining lately.  I mean, I'm in a play, I started working a few hours a week at the video store, I get to go swimming with the siblings, am planning a fairly large garage sale, de-cluttering the house...but the draining part isn't physical.  I just seem to be having a difficult time figuring out what I really want right now, and am tired of going after what people tell me I want.  Sure, something might sound exciting, perfect and enticing but that doesn't make it something I want.  It makes the people selling it to me good salesmen & women.  I'm trying to figure myself out right now and I feel that there are too many things that are getting in the way of that.  I'm fearful of living out someone else's dream, especially since life is so short, why relish in someone else's happiness?  (Is relish the right word for that??)

Anyway, I guess I best get ready for bed.  Which lately has been me getting some PJ's on by midnight and laying down and fidgeting for a couple hours before my body finally gives up and shuts down, forcing me to fall asleep.  Wow, now I understand why my parents always say that I'm a drama queen.  I tend to use overly dramatic vocabulary for emphasis.  Nevertheless, it doesn't make my inability to fall asleep any less realistic, just more dramatic.  I really could write a book if I found myself in this mood more often, because whatever mood this is, is the one that I tend to be most reflective and focused.  Do you see how much I have written without getting bored and just stopping?  It's almost at miracle level (ok, I admit, I am a tad overdramatic sometimes).

Well, that's all I really have to say for now.  If I let myself continue I might go on rambling for hours.  Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment