Monday 4 May 2009

It all started with a mouse...

So here I am, supposed to be studying for my last exam in my Vietnam War class but instead I am sitting on facebook and staring at my Disney pin collection.  It's quite amazing actually, to think of all the things in my room that would not be a part of me if it weren't for Walt E. Disney and his creating of Mickey Mouse.  My room is covered in Wall-E posters, Disney trading pins, coloring book pages, snow globes, statues and water bottles that all are Disney merchandise.  My life revolves around that mouse.

Mickey, who started as Mortimer (thanks to Walt's wife for that change in name), is a symbol of hope to many people.  He had humble beginnings yet has an entire empire now with movies, tv channels, theme parks, toys, books, etc.  Imagine your life being changed so completely.  It's the ideal story of rags to riches because a dream really can come true if you wish and work hard enough.

My problem right now is that I don't know what my dream is.  I don't know what I want to be or to accomplish.  I need to have the dream in order to create the hope that can guide me.  This might all seem nonsensical to you all, however once you've worked for the Mouse, you know what I'm talking about.  It's not merely a job, to work for Disney, it's a lifestyle.  It's something that is almost impossible to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it before.  I can't just go to an amusement park and expect an experience like the one I will receive from Disney.  However, it all depends on one's mindset when entering into this surreal world and leaving all reality behind.

I wish life could be like Disney.  Leaving all my troubles and stresses behind seems like such an amazing idea at this point in my life.  I want to be a kid, I want to run away to Neverland and be there to dress and pretend forever.  I wish it existed, because I would have finally found my calling; to be a kid forever.  Now if only I knew how to turn that dream into something productive in my reality.  Props to people like Walt Disney and anyone who has achieved their dreams.  Now, I hope, it's my turn.

Let's start today.  Maybe if I find that one true passion I can use it to create something wonderful.  Have a great day everyone!

1 comment: